Wednesday, March 01, 2006

In Like a Lion

Here we are - March - a month that, though it still falls technically in "winter" does make the case for the approach of spring. Which is good news considering I've been in a winter-induced, sailing dry spell that is beginning to stink like desperation. Of course, I could always go "frostbiting," a custom that may be unfamiliar to those not from northern climes. It is appealing in a rugged "I brook no discomfort" sort of way but I'd prefer to live in a place where one can sail year round. Or at least hop a plane to St. Maarten for the annual Heineken Regatta, though having two small children makes that unlikely. In a nutshell this is why you see me (pitifully) excited for spring on March 1 - despite it being 18 degrees when I got in the car to go to work this AM...

No comments: