Friday, December 08, 2006

Where I Dock My (Virtual) Yacht


It was 19 degrees above zero when I got in my car to go to work this AM. Unlike some of my sailing blogger colleagues, I'm not really into frost biting. All those years in the Caribbean must have thinned the blood. But luckily the weather is always fine in SL...here's a bird's eye view of my new ocean front estate on the East End in the New England sim...I've nicknamed it "The Dunes" in honor of Gerald and Sara Murphy's Hamptons retreat of old. Want to read more about the brains behind this beautiful land/seascape? Then check out an interview with co-founder Barb Carson. Barb and with her partner Montecore Babcock (with the help of designer/builder RJ Kikuchiyo) have created a virtual sailing haven par excellence! Living well is the best revenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice boat! Just curious how much Linden it takes to buy that type of boat in SL and how much to to get a waterfront property. Just started in SL about two weeks ago and am now trying to save up. Any help you can give is most appreciated.

Ilya Yesheyev in SL

Ant said...

Yeh Lex you are one lucky sod, its a beautiful piece of land and I'm sure its not cheap, plus you are paying a monthly rental, something I wasn't prepared to do, so I bought a meagre 512 sq metres, a damn site less but I own it in its enitety...

Also Lex, we still haven't got together and raced Taco's... together. let me know when your next in and w'll try to schedule..

Ant (SoulSailor Wind in SL)

Zephyr (Sail) said...

It's much, much cheaper than a new Harken winch ;-)