Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Homeward Bound by way of the Virgins


My folks are taking aboard crew in the U.S.V.I. next week and pointing their bow north for the return passage to the Chesapeake Bay after an extended season of cruising in the Caribbean Islands. Recently they joined the spectator crowd at the Rolex Regatta in St. Thomas and have been hitting all the B.V.I. hot spots including Sopers Hole, Foxy's Bar on Jost Van Dyke and even a visit to the Full Moon Party at the Bomba Shack on the shores of Tortola. Beware the punch! The above is a gorgeous shot of their 46' Morris Sloop, Red Admiral, under sail off Virgin Gorda...somewhere around the Bitter End Yacht Club. If I close my eyes and shut out the hum of canned office air and the fan on my laptop I can just...barely...imagine myself on the bow seat.

2 comments:

Wicketywack said...

My god, that is a beautiful boat.

Zephyr (Sail) said...

So true - credit goes to naval architect Chuck Payne and the folks at Morris Yachts in Maine.