Saturday, April 28, 2007

Top Dog

Yesterday I had 1001 visits to my humble blog...upwards of a 70% increase in the daily tally. To what do I owe this sudden popularity? I'd like to say it's because of my brilliant writing but somehow I don't think so. It has everything to do with the last post on Rule 69. Seems my new "pal" Magnus Wheatley is somewhat controversial (see comments). I can't vouch for his character but the heated response and the spike in Zephyr visits attests to the competitive energy around the AC - and the sport of sailing in general. It may be the "modern" era of sailing but the desire to be the top dog is as old as we are...and it ain't going away. Just take a gander at the Sailing Anarchy forums for more of the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading 69rule, I can't take seriously Magnus.

First, he's blaming Valencia and Spain which is just unaceptable.
Alinghi, BMW Oracle and rest of teams were in agree to go over there.

Second, America's Cup is at this moment more than sailing, it is mainly business (as football, F1 and other sports)

And third, and the most important. Magnus must never forget the motto of the America's Cup:
"You win the cup, you make the rules"