Friday, March 23, 2007

Two Years Old

My daughter is turning two today and, as I've mentioned before, I began Zephyr while waiting for my wife and our new little girl to come home from the hospital...so happy birthday to the blog as well!

I'm going to pass on the introspection and navel gazing I'd usually indulge in...in favor of a look to the future. The other day we received a packet from the Tred Avon Yacht Club in Oxford, MD. My parents have a house there and we've talked about putting the kids through the TAYC sailing program - which is known to be very good. Our son is five and has recently learned to swim so I thought maybe this was his summer to brave the Opti's, but the TAYC program begins them at six...so he'll wait another year.

One of the things that I enjoy about being a parent is being able to pass along experiences and opportunities that are close to my heart. Sailing is one such activity. Our boy has been aboard his Granddad's sloop and, though we don't currently own a sailboat, he is well aware of my passion. I should mention that our little girl - talker that she is - can readily identify a "tailboat."

As our children grow I'm looking forward to the moments we'll have on the water. It will be very nice to have this touchstone...a way to spend time together that transcends the hue and cry of this busy world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter and your blog